Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Natural Beauty

I created this layout for CMK's December Guest Designer opening. I was their guest designer last December so I had to wait a whole year before applying again.



I don't think I have EVER spent so long on a single layout. And it is without a doubt the heaviest layout I have ever created. I knew early on in the design process that this would be something I would want to hang on the wall so I didn't worry about the weight or "going outside the lines". I plan to paint up a canvas or maybe put it in an old window frame and hang this up somewhere in my living room. The colors would be perfect. I really want to make the giant heart into a pillow. Wouldn't that be beautiful? I really think I'm going to make me a giant felt pillow to put on my old church pew.

Here's a little close up of some of the detail:



Here is the challenge:

Construct a layout around things you are thankful for. You must use warm tones, you must use felt, you must use ledger paper, there must be a heart, must use at least 2 photos and there must be journaling.

So I think I have all the bases covered. Hope you all can spot the heart! You may have to look closely but there are 2 photos. I converted these photos to sepia, printed on transfer paper, cut to a heart shape, and ironed on to a muslin. I think I sewed on this layout forever. Lots of hand sewing and quite a bit of machine stitching as well. Isn't that ric rac cute? It is so tiny and fun to sew on the layout. And to top it off, I used Daisy D's product on this. So now I'm gonna throw myself in the hat for their DT search.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home