Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sunday, December 09, 2007

I stayed inside today ~

And got a few more projects done. I am thrilled to have completed my 2008 calendars. That's always quite a task! I just have to print off 2 pages and bind them. I don't know if I've ever been done so early in the month. I also got our yearly newsletter made. I've addressed the envelopes. So the only thing I have left to do is print off the color copies at work and stuff the envelopes. They will go out in the mail tomorrow. Another yay!!!

I made a couple of cards today. Here is one of them. Don't look Michele!!!!



This next card is for my boss. All of us girls pitched in to get him and his wife a night on the town. There are gift certificates to AMC theaters and a Kona Grill gift card. I played around with Tim Holtz's 12 days of Christmas project on here (day 8). Mine doesn't look as good as his (of course) but it honestly came out better than I thought it would. I made the wood grain look. It really does look much better in person than in this photograph.



Just for fun. I bought several of those Making Memories giant chipboard shapes last Christmas. I covered this one with Daisy D's pattern papers. It might just show up as a giant tag on somebody's present this year.



And lastly I made this tree. I got the inspiration from here. Mine isn't as pretty as hers is, but I think it is very pretty. I recently purchased a styrofoam cone to make a different tree. But I ran across this tree and decided I would rather have it, especially for a lot less work. I tore Christmas songs out of an old hymnal I have. I glued and old wooden spool to the base. I painted an old metal snowflake for the tree topper and put a Creative Cafe brad in the center. I found the "snow" buried deep in my holiday decorations. I have no idea how old it is, but it is old. I think they make better fake snow now. And my tree would probably look better with it, but I used what I had on hand. I'd love to make more of these in varying heights for a forest like effect.



Well I believe that's it.

Have a great week!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

That woodgrain card looks awesome!! Enjoyed reading your blog!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Lori Gentile said...

I found you from the Just need it board. Your blog is lovely! You have some really wonderful projects on here. Thanks for the inspiration!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home